Library in any Institution plays a vital role in its education mission. Besides Departmental Libraries, MUST has a dedicated newly constructed Central Library at city campus with adequate learning resources in different disciplines. Overall objective of the library is to select, organize, and maintain print and electronic resources that support the curriculum and information needs of students and academic staff. The Central library provides convenient access to quality information resources, and an environment that encourages study and personal growth. Library also provides information services customized to individual needs and recognizing their information requirements. Gathering information, organizing it in such a way that it can be retrieved effectively, making it accessible, and disseminating this information to the relevant users are the major functions of the library. This is a lending library and is playing a vital role in increasing research output of MUST by helping faculty and students in their research work through its organized information resources. The process of equipping this library with Library Management System is in progress and once fully operational will provide users facilities like;
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) of library resources
- Online booking and reservation of library material
- Digital Library
- Electronic Journals and Databases
- Audio/Visual Facilities
- Separate discussion rooms
- Dedicated computer systems for research and use of digital and electronic resources
- Video conferencing room is being established equipped with latest audio video equipment. With a capacity of accommodating 50 people, this facility will provide excellent opportunity for remote organizations and participation in lectures, workshops, seminars, discussions and meetings, in a cost effective manner.
The campus houses cafeteria at the campus that caters for the needs of students. The cafeteria has ample space to organize students’ functions. Two separate halls for male and female students has been designated for providing refreshment facilities. The University makes it sure that the food-items served at cafeteria are fresh, nutritious, and delicious but cheap.
University provides pick and drop facility to students within Mirpur city. The transport facility is also available for students studying at Bhimber Campus and surrounding areas. The University has also managed to provide transportation facility to students of different cities to approach to city campus and Bhimber campus. Besides pick and drop facility, transport is being provided to students for their study tours/recreational trips on the recommendation of respective Deans/ Chairpersons of the Faculties/ Departments.
Health care is considered most important both for students and employees of the University. The University has hired the services of the medical specialist to provide consultation to students and employees. A plan to establish Health Care Centre with qualified doctors and paramedical staff is underway to look after the health of on campus students and the employees. For any medical emergency, a dedicated ambulance along with driver is in stand by position 24/7.
A dedicated mosque has been constructed in the city campus for prayer facilities. 05 times prayers along with jumma prayer is being offered regularly there. The university masjid is equipped with neat and clean carpets.
A designated booth of Habib Bank Ltd. has been established adjacent with Directorate of Student’s affairs to provide one step fee submission facility to current and potential students of the university.
Student, selected for admission to various courses programs can apply for departmental merit scholarships paid to three merit holders. In the final year, scholarship is awarded on merit of the pervious term. The scholarship is granted for a maximum period of 12 calendar months. Some scholarships from donor agencies as mentioned below are also available to students;
- HEC Need Based Scholarships
- MUST-Need Based Scholarships
- EHSAAS Undergraduate Scholarship Project
- Guardian Insurance Scholarship Scheme
- Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)
- HBL Foundation Scholarships
- Laraib Energy Ltd. Scholarships
- Pakistan Scottish Scholarships
- Institute of Engineers Pakistan Saudi Arabian Centre (IEP-SAC)
- National Endowment Scholarship for Talent (NEST)
- Haji Muhammad Bashir Scholarships scheme
- Prime Minister’s Electric Wheel Chair Scheme for University Students
- Pakistan Engineering Council Scholarships